Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Update on Lola and Chance


From Mikey- BDHPI Volunteer & Adopting Mom of Chance and Lola the BullMastiffs:

I just thought I'd give you a little update. Lola went on her first camping trip. I just took them up in the mountains around Leadville and we did the tent thing. I was nervous being by myself but with Chance guarding the tent door, all was well. Chance slept good but she tossed and turned all night, I don't think she thinks the tent floor is as comfortable as her snuggle chair that she has taken over but her and and Chance loved the freedom of just running wherever they wanted.

She has also learned she loves water. We have a Lab hiking buddy who is showing her the ropes. She loves to run as fast as she can through the water and just runs and runs in it. She hasn't swam on her own, but I did push her out a little deeper and she swims well. I think in a couple of weeks she will be retrieving sticks from the deep water, not just the shallow water. Chance likes the water too, but doesn't get as excited as Lola. When she gets out she tries to get any dog around her to play whether they want to or not.

Mom has talked me out of letting the dogs sleep with me, probably because one new comforter just got ruined but more because I was having more frequent trips to the chiropractor probably due to picking Lola up to get on the bed and big old Chance as well. So I put new doggie beds on the floor next to my bed and and they laid down on them while looking at me with those sad brown eyes. Well, I heard little paws on the wood floor about 10 minutes later but was too lazy to get up. In the morning I found Lola on the snuggle chair and Chance on the loveseat, they are above dog beds. Now, I don't even try to get them on the doggie beds, I just tuck them in while they are on the couch and chair and I have to go sleep by myself.

Anyway, all is well and I will send some water pix soon!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment