Thursday, March 19, 2009

Submissive Urination and a Puppy's Tail

From Stormie's Foster Mom, Bree :

Stormie is a wonderful Saint Bernard puppy who makes us laugh, really laugh, every day. She is a fast little thing who flings herself room to room as she sees fit. She adores us and is really have a good time with us as she waits to find her forever family!

Her only little pitfall is that she wasn't well socialized as a very young pup, so it takes her a while to warm up to new people. She will submissively urinate if nervous, which of course, immediately makes her tail wet.

Well, last night my husband and I decided to snuggle in with the dogs to watch some tv. Poor Stormie was on the floor, just looking up at me with those big brown eyes asking to be picked up and put on the bed too. Of course I obliged, but somewhere in the process of moving dogs and getting off our bed, I scared her and she begin to tinkle a litte bit. I wasn't really paying attention and didn't realize it until it was too late....and by too late, I mean I didn't realize until I had lifted her up and her wet urine tail went whipping across my husband's face :)

I certainly had a great laugh over the whole thing! My dear husband, Mr Dew? Well him not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment