Saturday, November 14, 2009

The love of a child

It's 5:15 in the Dew house- hours before any of us, human or dogs, would ever consider getting up on a Saturday! Our early am wakeup call is courtesy of our nephews- Jack who is 8 and Cooper who is 5.

I was in the middle of a wonderful snooze, when little Coop started whispering in my ear. He said, 'Auntie B, Pleaaaaassssseeee wake up! You have to come see Dot RIGHT now!!!!"- I flew out of bed thinking the worst...had she fallen? Had she passed away in her sleep?"

I could hear her snoring before I hit the family room, so I knew the later was not true, but couldn't figure out what was wrong. When I turned on the light, Coop had a huge smile on his face and I found Dot covered with his yellow security blanket. He said, " Aren't you proud of me? Dottie looked cold so I gave her my blankie and she loves it and me!"

So now, in hopes of the adults going back to sleep, the boys are settled in with cereal on the couch. Unbeknowst to deaf Dottie, who has yet to wake up during this whole fiasco, StarWars is on and the boys are cuddled in!

No comments:

Post a Comment